Gamergeekwife

Monday, February 13, 2006

Howdy all:
Well (for a Monday) today is going great! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day -one of my favorite holidays!!! (probably my favorite holiday or a tie between Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day). I love hearts and cutie stuff and CHOCOLATE!!! I've got Jewel's present all planned, still working on Cannon's present, and I've got Frank's presents, but I'm not sure he'll like them. My Mom made all of us kids these awesome heart shaped pillows for Valentine's Day one year. I cherish my pillow-even asked for it when I was in the hospital when I was in 5th grade. My parents alwasy gave us kids our own heart filled with fancy chocolates and my Mom made us heart shaped cupcakes or mini cakes and some years we also got stuffed animals. Dad always got Mom the largest package of chocolate sold, but us kids ended up eating most of the candy (which was okay because she alwasy said, "I don't need all this chocolate"). Now he gives her flowers or money-good man. I love St. Patrick's Day because St. Patrick is my favorite saint (even though I'm Baptist I do cherish the example "the saints" left for us. St. Partick was a daring missionary). Also, my mother's grandmother was 100% Irish and she died very young from a stroke; so I strive to keep her heritage alive in my life. The year that I died my nails green when I couldn't find green fingernail polish is probably the funniest St. Pat's memory. "Back in the day" as Frank would say there was not the range of finger nail polish colors that are available now, so in my determination to have green fingernails I used a Magic marker to dye my fingernails green. Yup took about 2 months to grow out my nail to it's original color, but I looked green on St. Pat's day and several of the grocery store patrons that went through the check-out line I worked commented (most of them positive)

Do any of you have favorite holidays and why?

Our adorable niece, Addison, is suppose to be released from the hospital today and my in-laws should be returning from their trip; so all in all everything is closer to as it should be. After several days of being really sick within 24 hours after Addison was added to a prayer chain she was improved. Hum.. the power of prayer or God's ultimate timing? Still. I need to remember to utilize the prayer chain immediately instead of "waiting to see how things go". I can't wait to see pictures from my in-law's trip so I hope the pictures get developed quickly. I even got to "do the aunt thing" Saturday night so my sister-in-law could go take a quick break. I always wanted several children, but life didn't work out that way. I LOVE being an aunt-the more the merrier. I have awesome nieces and nephews. My children and I hope to spend a lot of time with all of them this spring and summer. We are waiting for the arrival of my nephew from Guatemala (any day now, right guys??) so I am excited about that. I am truly excited and anticipatory for each addition to my family.

Okay, breaks over.

Jennifer

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think my favorite holiday would be Thanksgiving. Most of my family gets together and we usually have a couple days to spend together. We go to a "cousin's movie" with everyone in my generation, and just hang out. It is usually not rushed or stressful!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day - mostly because red was my favorite color as a kid. For many years as an adult, I didn't have anybody to spend the holiday with, so I was bummed. Even had a pact with one of my other single friends to wear black on every single Valentine's Day. Now that we both have "someone" to celebrate Valentine's with, we've given up on the tradition of wearing black.

    Jeanette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home