Gamergeekwife

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today, I am overwhelmed! Jewel just got over being sick (1st respiratory, then bladder problems, then stomach problems-the dr thinks it might be an ulcer-don't know for sure but she is on Previcid). Now, Frankie has the respiratory junk and Cannon-well of course the virus went straight to his bronchii so now his asthma is awful. I cannot recall the last night I slept well- Jewel would be in pain with her stomach and wake me up, I hear Cannon coughing and last night I had minor issues with my digestive disorder. No of these things are big things, but I'm just wore out.
Work has been super busy!
Cannon had an awful weekend last weekend and Frankie worked.
Monday night-we did have an excellent small group Bible study which I enjoyed immensely. We did run past time-Jewel told the school today that mom and dad are gone until late at night a lot (well more than we use to be but not a lot and on WEdnesday nights she is with us :) ). Anyway... just made me feel bad
Tonight, Cannon will skip Youth Group (the school nurse sent him home ill with his asthma no big surprise I prol should have let him skip). Frank & I decided to skip Medieval group because Frankie is still feeling junky and we all need a rest. Anyway.. so as can be deduced from the paragraph abt Jewel-she has been ill a lot he last month. we have taken her ot the Dr every time- The school also called to let me know she has missed "many days" this quarter so they are concerned. I explained every absence -and offered proof with a drs note. Her dr was so worried abt her he called our house himself @ 10 PM last night to check on her and give Frank the 1st test results for her stomach (digestive disorders run in my fam big time so I suppose it would be no great shock if she had one, but I was hoping not this young. My troubles did not start until I was 10 and she just turned 9). UGH-so the school nurse calls me with every little thing with my kids but then call when they miss "too much" school. Frank and I can't win!
So iffin ya have time please pray for Cannon's asthma symptoms to decrease.
Happy notes- I just finished reading "Called out of Darkness A Spiritual Memoir" by Anne Rice. I read it out of curiosity- I loved it. I highly recommend it.
Also, with the change to digital we now get a retro station out of Des Moines- in the mornings a really cute show is on "Bachelor Father' starring John Forsthye (from Dynasty fame). Jewel and Cannon both love the show-very sweet simple show.
better go get Jewel and start night time routines.
We do have Heubner family birthdays this weekend- I truly look forward to seeing everyone. I'm hoping on Sunday or even Saturday night I can con Frank into a family movie-we should be able to swing going to the discount theatre. We haven't gone to a movie as a family (really or individually) in FOREVER. I desperately need some fun family time.
Since we don't take trips during Spring Break Frank came up with the idea of taking the kids to a local breakfast restaurant that is famous for plate size, orange pan cakes on the Thursday morning of break. I am EXCITED for this-we have not told the kids yet. I would usually try to take the kids to a movie or somethings, but this will be new and FUN because we all will be there.
I have been exercising more, but still not where I want to be or was at the end of last summer. I just have to keep trying. I haven't gained any weight at all, but just feel better when I can "hit it hard". I did notice last week when I exercised more I seemed to be a bit more hungry-that frustrated me.
Already looking forward to making Easter baskets- I love that. And watching Charlie Brown Easter show with the kids. Frankie worked all day last Easter, maybe he will be off from work this year. That would be sooo nice. I have decided no matter what I am not going to cook all day this Easter. I still want to prepare food for my family (we have a few favorites for each person), but I've gotta figure a better system out.
Okay.. now I've really got to go, but I feel better now. Thanks for "listening".

Smiles
Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home