Gamergeekwife

Thursday, March 06, 2008

FYI (as if all of you didn't already know) March 14th is National Potato Chip day; plan accordingly.

Big news for our small town; yesterday, a super Wal-Mart opened. Jewel very excitedly shared the "scoop". "Well, Mom you know Jareette-you've met Jareett that boy in my class. Well his mom works at Wal-Mart-the old Wal-Mart not the new Wal-Mart so he got to go inside and look around before the store was really open. He said there are 3 lanes of boy stuff and 4 lanes of girl stuff (by Jarreett's definition anyway). And did I remember she needed a new Easter dress b/c last year's doesn't fit b/c she grew inches? Yes I responded I remembered. Maybe soon we could go look but obviously we are on our way to AWANAs so now is not the time. We would try the consignment store downtown for dresses 1st; then other options.

Congrats go out to my cousin Butch and his wife as they are expecting a little one after over 4 years of trying and hoping for a child.

A huge thank you to Frank for playing a game (that lasted well over an hour) with Cannon; it put Cannon in a SUPER good mood.

I've decided to try to amp up my workouts. I've been good about exercising 20-40 minutes every day,but not seeing the results I want (well i use to exercise 1hr to 2 hrs everyday so I wonder why I don't look the same-tee hee. During the school year, with all of our family commitments I just can't commit to 2 hours a day. So I need to push myself a little harder. Frankie got a SUPER good deal on an exercise bike (recommended by Cannon's drs as well) which I enjoyed riding for long periods of time at a high resistance until my knees started to burn; really burn even for hours after I was done riding the bike. Now I'm using the bike on less resistance, but still having some burning (getting old stinks,eh?) and finding time to ride the bike continues to be a problem. If I can add more weights to my workout I should do better; if not acceptance should set in soon. The Dr said my weight is "right on target",but I am not happy (sorry Frank for having to listen to me this morning),but I have decided to try really intently on being healthy and enjoying my family. Cannon needs a lot of support so I am focusing on enjoying every family moment b/c the kids will be grown and gone before I know it.

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Be careful who you're calling old! As I remember, we were rather close in age and I'm only 29!!
    teehee

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jennifer ~

    1. Need a treadmill to add to your collection? Call me.

    2. I hate grading homework as much as your kids hate doing homework. The only "perk" about being the teacher is that you get paid to go to school.

    3. You can win an ipod here: http://www.ipodsweepstakes.com/RegPage.aspx They give away an ipod every day, or you can build up "points" to earn an ipod. If you become a "Nielsen" family, you can get an ipod for 59,000 points. Also, if I do not learn how to use the mp3 player that I just bought - maybe you can HAVE it. Technology frustrates me sometimes.

    4. We're not old. We've just celebrated several anniversaries of our 30th birthday. :-)

    5. I'm sure I had some other comment, but I can't think of it right now.

    --Jeanette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home