Gamergeekwife

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hey all! Frankie informed me that yesterday's blog was "kinnda dumb". So I will try to make today's blog SMARTER.
Okay, not really. I haven't had enough caffeine or food to pretend to be smart.

I did complete a very interesting Exel seminar a few weeks back; does that count as smart?? tee hee. I can navigate my way around Exel okay, but by no means am I an expert. Day 2 of the seminar was for advanced people so I felt it was "out of my league". Several other co-workers encouraged me to attend. I pretty much sat there for the entire day 2 thinking, 'Wow I didn't know those options were available on Excel" now I have to try to practice and worse yet remember all those fancy features. Oh well, it is good to stretch the brain. Since I've left case management several years ago I really don't have the opportunity to attend continued edu. so this was good for me. I did attend beginners sign language a few years back, but our company has ceased that class; I miss it. I have a step-cousin who is deaf and several clients here at work so I liked being able to communicate with them; even on the most basic of levels. anyhoo... some day I will take a comprehensive sign language course. Its on my "life list"; I have too many areas for improvement for just a yearly resolution list (no comments needed from Sara, Bill or Katie- I know I'm setting myself up here,but the list is L-O-N-G).

The school year is wearing on both children, they are tired of school and tired of homework (Can I hear a witness from my professor and teacher family members and friends?). So ... last night I rented Mr. Magorium's Wonderl Emporium for Cannon and Jewel to view, but only AFTER their homework was completed. Cannon LOVED it!! All 3 of us give this movie 2 thumbs up; it was mesmerizing.

My boys are making their spring/summer activities list-for S.C.A. I'm just hoping for lots of days to get outside and WALK. I would love an Ipod, but I must be realistic about $-which every time I look at my pretty house I smile and get goofy happy so an Ipod seems trivial in comparison.

Tomorrow, my friend's little girl has surgery so we might have her big sis in the a.m.

that's all I have for today, sorry it wasn't "smarter" Frank-maybe I'll read a dictionary this afternoon so I can at least learn some new words.


tee hee

Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home