Gamergeekwife

Monday, January 28, 2008










Cannon's 12th b-day "cake". Frankie made Cannon a delicious chocolate chip cheesecake for his actual birthday. However, a few days later we invited his best friend since forever, Madison, and her family over for a celebration so Jewel and I surprised Cannon with a donut cake!. Cannon is OBSESSED with donuts so he LOVED his "cake" (I stuck barbecue skewers in so the donuts wouldn't unpyramid).

I really wish Cannon hadn't jutted his chin up and had a glare with his glasses b/c this would have been a really good birthday pic.


Frank has gotten me hooked on a series, "Robin Hood". I think it is on the Sci-Fi channel, but I'm not certain since we get it through out program at Hollywood Video (very similiar to Netflix"). I enjoy having shows that Frank and I can watch together late at night after the kids finally fall asleep (sometimes Frank and I fall asleep before they do, but oh well, we're old now we've accepted it.
Cannon wrote a poem about G'ma Rose for school. I'm posting it with his permission.
Rose
She would give me sweets as Halloween treats
She always smelled nice like sugar and spice
She had a nice smile like a crocodile
She was so religious she was overzealous
She was a volunteer and did it with great cheer
She was very loving and did a lot of journaling
She was very giving while she was still living
And she gave me a cross a reminder of my loss
Cannon still thinks that poems should rhyme. I liked the poem because his sentiment is so sincere. He and his classmates were told to write a poem about anything-he choose G'ma Rose.
Have a Blessed evening.
Jennifer




4 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Nice work Cannon!!! That poem is great. I get rhyming poems everday from someone, I love them.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger TRUNNELL NEWS said…

    A doughnut cake! Now that is a FUN THOUGHT!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Ok, I'll say something since Bill won't. How long have Madison and Cannon been BED friends? I can only think that this will lead to trouble.

    What kind of house do you run? I thought you baptists were stricter than that. Hmmm...

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger gamergeekwife said…

    Well.. I will confess I rarely take the time to proof read my blogs before I post them since I blog during my work break times. All y'all should know better- I did correct it to read, "best friends" here you all thought we had worked out some sort of arranged marriage between Cannon and Madison-no dice. However, there is always Jewel and Cal.

    tee hee
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home