Gamergeekwife

Monday, April 28, 2008

WOW. I was gone from work 2 days last week so today has been just crazy. Mondays are typically one of the busiest days here at our office (probably everybody's place of work), but being gone those 2 days magnified my work load. I'm especially glad for the 2 slower work days the week before last when I got "ahead" on projects because that is the only thing keeping me sane right now.
I had the flu or something like it-upper respiratory issues with stomach issues at the same time, fever, aches, extreme fatigue, etc. I got sick Wednesday evening and didn't feel well at all until Friday afternoon when my fever broke. I woke up Saturday and felt like a new person; I tired out quicker than usual, but convinced myself to keep moving. The boys were gone to an event so it was just Jewel and I at home; a perfect opportunity to get caught up on cleaning-my Saturday cleaning and regular week cleaning. I felt so happy to be caught up after being sick.
Sunday I got up and taught children's church-which was actually quite a bit of fun. Jewel ditched me for Saturday night-she spent the night at her friends. So I actually had some time to myself; I must confess I loved it. I will back track. Friday night, I still wasn't feeling 100% so the only "fun" thing Jewel and I did was make chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter bars-turned out pretty well considering we were out of butter so we had to use low-fat margarine. Jewel watched a movie she borrowed from the library- Kangaroo Jack (oh my is all I have to say). Then The Lucy Show re-runs (got that dvd on clearance for 2.50 I did). At first she was confused b/c it wasn't I Love Lucy like she is use to, but then decided she liked the Lucy Show better.
Sunday-our boys got back, they both had a wonderful time. Frank bought Cannon a used bow since Cannon has been longing to learn archery for some time now. I wish Frank would blog again so he could tell you all of their adventures. Cannon had great difficulty transitioning back so we had a very L-O-N-G night as a family. I'm so glad I'm not a single mom b/c I'm not sure I could make it on my own. Frank you are not allowed to die or leave; okay?
Jewel has a music concert tonight. Frank is being a super good dad by taking 2 hours of personal time from work so he can attend her concert. Poor Frank has a cold-I hope that's all it is and not the viral thing I had. I haven't been that sick in over a year.
I'm working on a surprise gift for my sister's 40th birthday.
We are boring, I know. but that's what's been going on.
I hope you are all doing well.
When does Spring start? I thought it should already, but it sure doesn't look or feel like it.

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home