Gamergeekwife

Monday, April 20, 2009

We had a busy, but good VEISHEA 2009. Friday, Katie dropped Ashley @ our house then we dropped Cannon off to church for his vanpool ride to Spring teen retreat. This was Cannon's 1st church retreat so he got cold feet at the last minute and refused to go-then had a little big o'trouble. I convinved him he needed a break from his chores and us. We prayed all weekend for him. He ended up learning a lot and having a great time!! It was good to see such passion in his eyes as he spoke of the learning sessions, Bible time, cute girls, good food and games. Typically such passionate looks and speeches are reserved for Pokeman cards, games and Xbox games. I thank God for the counselors and camp to provide Cannon for such a respite. Friday night I let the girls pick out a Papa Murphy's pizza and a movie from the library.
Jewel got to have cousin Ashley over-we missed the parade due to getting things to Frank & Baron Hugh for the medieval society demo. However, we ate lunch @ the M.U., toured the library (Ashley is as addicted to books as Cannon- I love it! she read a book Jewel gave, started one of Cannon's this was in her "down time" riding in the car and before bed), spent almost an hour in the children's tent (play games for 25 or 50 cents), played several other games on campus, rode a ride at the carnival, learned how to rope a stationary steer from Miss Iowa Rodeo & took a picture with her,watched a few other demos and spent lots of time watching the fighters-sadly Frank helped marshall (type of referee) so we missed all of the times he fought. Frank's potential Knight was there so we got to spend some time with him. I pray that continues to go well their family truly seems to be really good mentors for our entire family. We had many people from all over the midwest come to support our group-I wish we could have that every year-enhanced the demo so much. Unfortunately, Frankie, Shandra and Vincent were the only ones setting up Friday night. I'm proud of Frankie for going after working 12 long hours on his feet to go set up tents for our group. Shandra brought Frank back a signed copy of the latest Jim Butcher book-Happy Easter present for Frankie!!!
Sorry, I jigjogged-back to Saturday. Saturday a.m. I made dark chocolate and raspberry waffles. Two thumbs up was the verdict.
Saturday eve we ate ham with loaded mashed potatoes (I used yogurt instead of sour cream fighting the mid 30's weight gain I am), ice cream for dessert, watched movies & several episodes of Samantha Who and hung out. Frank hung in there for the 1st half of the 1st movie followed quickly by sounds of peacful sleep (loud snoring). Both girls giggled. The girls seemed to have a great time. My favortie time I'll confess was listening to them talk and watching them hold hands and they sauntered down the sidewalks of campus chatting away. I hope to post pictures later. Saturday was such a terrific day.
Sunday-there was a mess up with pick-up for Cannon-which made Katie and Bill late for their church small group, a problem with one of Cannon's meds and a pharmacist not listening to me, I got a headache, Jewel threw-up (I think it was too much candy from VEISHEA) so I missed a b-day party for our friend from small group. So Sunday was kinnda a wash for me, but Saturday was really good. Okay, my back to work for me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home