Gamergeekwife

Friday, December 28, 2007

Tee hee I get bonus points for blogging 2x in one day (okay with the points already I'm such a nerd). Anyway.. I'm enjoying the kids having a break from all of their activities- no dance class, no AWANA, no chess club, no spelling list or other homework!!! Our nights have been free to hang out and watch movies and read.
Frank and I watched Stardust; it reminded me of a fairy tale; it was okay actually pretty good ,but I think we broke the rule of thumb for movies and life-got our hopes up.
Jewel and I watched 3 episodes of Reba. Last night, the kids and I started watching Eragon will finish watching it tonight (we hope). We've also watched episodes of I Love Lucy and Santa Clause 3. Last week, when Jewel was sick we watched The Courtship of Eddie's Father (the movie not the T.V. series); it was a very cute flick I highly recommend it to anyone who likes funny, but cute movies.

My dad's family is going to say goodbye to my grandma Peterson. She has been sick with Alzheimers for many years and the last month has experienced serious declines in her physical health as well. I feel I've already said goodbye to her several summers ago. She is 82 yrs old. She hasn't known who I am for over 2 years; before that she had a vague recollection when repeatedly prompted as to who I was but couldn't really carry on a meaningful conversation. She is the grandma I was the closest to. It will be sad when she passes on, but I am so ready for it. Each time I see her its painful for me. So I will rejoice when she passes on because then she will be herself again and see people she loves.
I love our community's public library (okay the town next to ours). They have a busmobile that comes to the elementary school on Thursdays. The kids and I are faithful patrons. I borrowed Shattered Dreams authored by a lady that grew up in a 4th generation polygamist family. I highly recommend this book; I feel the author was very honest and fair to all people involved. In the post log she shared how she later became a born again Christian; which thrilled my spirit. I had no idea of her current belief system when I began the book.
Alrighty work is getting busy I need to end my break.

Mentally I 've started compiling my New Year's resolutions- the list is long. I may turn it into a life long resolution list since I think last year I vowed to not stress myself out with feelings of failure after I failed success or substanial progress of any or all of my goals in previous years.

I should probably plan something for my family more exciting than making homemade Chex mix huh? any ideas? What are you all doing?

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Rob said…

    The book Stardust is actually a lot better than the movie. Though I think some people might be disapointed as the ending of the book isn't as happy as the movie.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jennifer,
    I got your message. Thanks for caring about what is going on down here. You are better off sending notes via the e-mail. Luke and Marc have their own account. Otherwise, we have people send stuff to Sauer-danfoss, Easley and it gets forwarded. Love ya,
    bridget

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger gamergeekwife said…

    Rob-
    How ya been? So good to hear from you again. I will try to find the book at the library. As usual the book Eragon was much, much better than the movie. Cannon and I finished Eldest,now we are inpatiently awaiting #3 due end of Sept and then book 4.
    Smiles!
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home