Gamergeekwife

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

BEST CHILI ever:

2 thumbs way up for Cannon and Frank for the chili they made New Year's Eve. I'll confess; orginally I was not excited. The previous nigth: we had eaten tacos for supper (which for me is kidney beans with salsa and spices). I took left over k.beans for N.Y.Eve day lunch. Oh more of the same I thought about supper. I only took a 1/2 bowl. Unbeknowgst to me the guys had added sea salt with lemon zest to the chili. They also baked mini corn muffins to eat with the chili. I put 3 minis on top of my chili and added a little cheese. I cannot even think of words grand enough to describe the chili!!! So, I thought, well maybe I was more hungry than I thought or maybe it was a case of low expectations (the secret to a happy life according to Frank-although he doesn't always practice this idea). By the time I finished at 2 1/2 bowls I decided it was simply excellent chili; so Frank and Cannon confessed their secret of the sea salt with lemon zest. This product came in our Barilla Christmas pack and part of Academia Barilla so I'm not even certain its available in the U.S. yet. What a mean trick on Barilla's part iffen its not-similiar to the pesto sauce we helped test market for them few years back; except worse this sea salt is gastro delight!!

okay.. can you all tell my vow to cut back on food is not going so well. My weight is fine (the Dr says), but I've noted myself really liking food lately; this scares me. oh well I've got all year to cut back, right?

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 Comments:

  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    both of those sound like something Michael could walk you through, if you like. He's pretty amazing, though after this long low expectations are unbeknownst to us!! If only Matthew knew what he's got there...

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jennifer,
    I'll take that receipe when you are ready to share.
    Bridget

     

Post a Comment

<< Home