Gamergeekwife

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy weekend. I haven't gotten a Mother's Day gift yet, but I believe it was because of our busy weekend not for a lack of caring. On Friday night my wonderful husband put together a 40th birthday DVD for my sister. I had been working on begging family members (her husband's side too-she and Tom have been together for almost 20 years) for pictures. These pictures arrived in all sorts of formats saved on different discs or email etc. My mom was having problems with her scanner so several of her pictures needed some serious cropping. I had my friend's husband download several songs for me; which Frank had to then synch with the picture groupings I wanted them with. I had saved several pictures I had scanned into what I thought was the program Frank used, nope I was wrong. So.. it ended up being not so simple a project as I'd imagined. If all of the photos had come from my personal albums it would have been much simpler, but not nearly as comprehensive b/c I did not own a camera until I was 10 years old. Besides, since she is really close to both of her sister-in-laws I did not want to leave out 20 some years of that part of her family. The dvd of pics from one of her sis-in-laws (they both live out of state) did not arrive in the mail until Thursday a.m.
Saturday we got up did typical morning errands and cleaning then left for the b-day party. We had some bumps in the road so Frank was unable to attend the party with me which is too bad he gets along really well with my brother-in-law (whom the party was also for Tom turned 40 in March). Frank saved the day and stayed at my parent's house to entertain our children. I tried to make it easier for him by buying Cannon a new DS game and prepared a snack and craft bag for Jewel. He did get help from my parents after they returned from the party. For the 1st time in several years I got to see my mom on actual Mother's Day. Jewel picked out a hot pink colored Lily for my mom and we got her a small amount of a Culver's gift card. To treat my boys, Sunday morning before we left we ate an early lunch at Popeye's; both boys love their chicken. I had biscuits-the only vegetarian item on the menu. They were good biscuits, but not a very low-fat high protein lunch I'm guessing.
Gotta leave to get the girl for dance!

Tootles,
Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home