Gamergeekwife

Friday, December 29, 2006

Cleaning. I have been majorly cleaning! Trust me our trailer needed a good deep cleaning I just wish I felt like I could get things done without feeling like I'm ignoring Jewel and Cannon. Cannon seems fine with not being "mothered" as long as we get our little talks in during washing/drying/putting away the dishes or on the drive to school in the A.M. (or kids club) about what he's learned in Spanish class or the most recent book he's read or is re-reading. Jewel on the other hand still desires a fair quantity of face time. She scolded me last night while informing me it has been over a week since I'd read her a good night story and even though she can read herself, "its not the same" . She is correct I've been up cleaning/sorting/throwing things away until midnight or past every night this week. Things are shaping up, but there is still so much more that needs to be done.
My paternal grandmother is fairly progressed in her Alzheimers and she celebrated on Christmas Day with us and she was a lot of work! I love her dearly, and she wasn't physically pushy this year like last year, but she is so difficult to keep safe (she forgets there are things she shouldn't do due to her heart problems and balance problems-she doesn't recall having a heart problem!). Anyway... it was good to see my family, eat some of mom's fudge. I wish I'd had more time to visit, but there were dishes to do, tables to clear, g'ma and lots of little ones to keep an eye on; it was still a good time. I did get to play with and hold Henry a little bit. He doesn't smile as often as Elizabeth and George did, but when he does it is worth the wait-his little eyes shine and his smile spreads almost cheek to cheek.
I've had a headache for over 4 days-maybe its the late nights, hum.. However, every once in awhile when nothing else will ease the headache sugar helps-today I gave in and ate a Snickers nutcracker shaped treat-didn't help so now I'm mad because I wasted calories eating something fun and high caloried when I wasn't "dying for it craving it". Hum..
I already know what I want for Valetine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad About You season 3-yeap after a long hiatus from seasons being released for this show it will be released in February of 2007.
I miss scrapbooking, but there is too much else going on right now.
I would like for you all to respond with your favorite Christmas movie.
Mine is The Preacher's Wife or Charlie Brown's Christmas or Miracle on 34th St. or .. okay I LOVE watching Christmas movies and I won't even start with Christmas Carols; there are almost an obession with me.
Smiles! And start working on your New Year's Resolutions.

Jennifer

3 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    When Mad about You was on as a regular series, I loved it. Now as I see the reruns, I'm not so impressed. I wonder what changed my mind. Oh well, most TV from our generation is way better than what's on now, with the exception of Grey's Anatomy.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jennifer -
    My favorite Christmas movie? You know I can't sit still long enough to watch movies! (I don't have a 2-hour attention span!) I did catch bits-n-pieces of that movie where Steve Guttenberg plays Santa's son and has to find a wife by Christmas Eve. It was a pretty good show. My loving husband could sit and watch movies all day long. I'd rather surf the 'net and e-mail my friends! :-)

    Jeanette

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger gamergeekwife said…

    Sara-
    I loved Remington Steele when it was on TV during its 1st run and I tried watching the DVDs we rented from Hollywood Video with Cannon (who was engrossed with the show), but couldn't get into again. Also Moonlighting- i LOVED that show during its original run and although I've looked at it; I've never rented it-I think I'm worried my memories of the show will be ruined, but I should give it a try.
    Jeanette-Whom I fooling? You know I can't sit still very long either which is why Frank and I will watch shows together and when the re-run comes I'll reply, "Oh I've never seen this episode-when in reality I have". I "watch" more like listen to several programs but I'm always balancing the checkbook, sorting mail, cleaning out back packs, sorting socks, etc. all that stuff while I'm watching. I truly can't sit still that long either. We have been trying to turn the TV off more and have music as background sound.
    Anyhoo.. I've seen that movie for rent, but never watched it, "Mrs. Claus" I think its called with Crystal B.-something or other from Wings?
    Smiles,
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home