Gamergeekwife

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Last night when I had insomnia I thought of all kinds of things to blog about, but now. NOt so much , but its me so I'll think of something to say...


Well, last Wednesday night after family devotations Jewel declared, "I want to be saved". So the conversation begins of what does being saved mean and do you really want to do it, etc. Jewel was adament. So in the morning when Frank got home from work he talked to Jewel and she prayed asking Jesus to forgive her of her sins and come into her heart and help her know right from wrong. When I first asked her why she wanted to be a Christians she said, "Because Jesus loves me very very much. His blood will wash away my sins" pretty cute I must say. So we are all very excited that Jewel had decided to declare Jesus her Saviour. Jewel was not as quick to come to this decision, but I must say that is the only thing I like about being Baptist- each person decides for themselves whether they want to believe in Jesus as Saviour or not and when they want to. Now a family friend asked her baptism date-well that is also up to Jewel. Baptism is a serious public commitment to Christ I only want her to go through this when she is fully ready to. So I am praising God that Jewel is my sister in the Lord!

Oh , my Paula Deen recipe for homestyle macaroni and cheese did not turn out. I'm going to make a few changes to the recipe (add more cheese) and try it again before I abandon the idea. I did everything exactly to the recipe(didn't try to make it low fat or ANYTHING!) and it still didn't turn out. The texture was good, just hardly any flavor at all. Jewel, Cannon and I love mac and cheese so I will keep trying (if its the last thing I do...).

I found out I'm allergic to Darvocet-tee hee. We had a Monday night adventure to the E.R. Was given Darvocet for a female issue and thank-you-very-much I'll suffer through rather than try meds of this caliber again (I'm a light weight I guess-no drinking and druggin for me).

I miss being the H.R. assist and enjoy not being the H.R. assist all at the same time.

Cannon is sick to his tummy again. I think he just has a sensitive stomach like me. I'm not sure what to do with that boy.

I printed Jeanette's and David's announcement from the paper- thanks for the heads up Sara. We will be enjoying a glorious wedding celebration in a week! Jewel, Cannon and I are very excited. I hope everything goes well (translation I hope I don't forget anything and my children do what they're suppose to do when they're suppose to do it and not get SICK!). They are both very excited! to help Jeanette and David celebrate, but Cannon often reminds me he feels "Like I'm still getting to know David because I've known Jeanette since I was a tiny baby". Cannon is an old soul I think.

My bro-in-law and sis-in-law received more pics of baby Alex, but no news on a pick/up date yet. STINKY! All in God's perfect time I know, but patience is not a virtue I've acquired yet.

Been teaching Sunday School again. I just started a few weeks ago. I have K-4th graders. I must say it's been tons of fun and yes, candy does still work as effective bribery in today's day and age.

My question is, "What foods comfort you?"

Ice cream and cheesecake seem to comfort me quite a bit and waffles.

Smiles,
Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home