Gamergeekwife

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hallejuah!!!!!!! My sis-in-law Katie phoned a bit ago to joyously inform me their son's paperwork is out of PGN! She and Bill will be able to bring Alex home in 3-6 weeks! That is joyous on many levels and for many reasons. He will be with us in time to celebrate his 1st birthday and we just get to see him soon. That should happen by Sep 22nd. Then, my brother's and sis-in-law's 3rd baby is due Sep 26th (but we guess the baby will arrive about 2 weeks prior). I get to meet my newest niece/nephews very soon.

Well my husband could have fallen off a cliff for all I know; he and his buds are gone to geekfest (stole another phrase from Sara) since early Wednesday A.M. and he hasn't called or emailed to say they got there okay. I'm a little miffed. And Jewel has asked when dad will call and jumped up to answer the phone saying, "Maybe its Dad". So I really do hope he's having fun,but wish he would call.

We have really behaved ourselves during Frank's absence. We didn't even go out to eat on Wednesday night, but picked up odds and ends at the grocery store. Last night we did feast at Old Chicago- I love their dipping sauce! and oddly the salads they serve, although last night's salad was a disappointment-very little lettuce and only a few dark green leaves. It was still a good time. I would love to try their pizza sometime, but can never seem to con anyone into ordering one with me. Cannon has really been focusing on the fact that this is his last year to order off the kid's menu, most places now say no one older than 10 yrs. He hasn't expressed his thoughts on that so I don't know if his feelings are mixed, if he is glad or a little sad. Hum... We haven't even made a mad dash to Cold Stone like we teased we were going to (eat ice cream for supper every night, etc), but mostly that's b/c it's very high fat (I'd like to loose a few) and it's spendy. We did have ice cream for supper on Sunday night and went to see Barn Yard; it was actually pretty good not to the level of Shrek, but bette than Over the Hedge for me anyway. Over the Hedge just didn't ring any bells for me. Sunday I felt junky, but we had fun on Sunday night.

We haven't even rented any movies in Frank's absence. Shocker! A friend loaned Jewel Zoey 101 (a tweenie Nick show) and a few Raven episodes so we've watched those. Last night, (and I was in a crafty mood too) Jewel and I picked up the finishing touches for one of her scrap book pages, but then we got home and there were several church issues I received phone calls about and then I had to pack the kid's stuff. While packing the kid's stuff I realized I needed to do laundry then between loads of laundry I started cleaning their room. Now I realize having two children share a small bedroom is not ideal, but those two had junk stuffed everywhere!!!! Candy wrappers, Kleenex, just a variety of misc items everywhere. Well then around 12:30 a.m. I started to get dizzy and realized I hadn't eaten in awhile. Oh yeah, and I never completed my super arms workout-nuts. It's getting late and I have to get up for work further this a.m. I wanted to finish "just a few things" ,but around 1 a.m. my legs started getting rubbery and I knew I would soon be down for the count so I laid down only to awaken a few hours later. I've suffered from insomnia on and off since I was 16 yrs old. My dad also struggles and so does Cannon, but it's been about 6 years since I've had it this bad. At first I thought it was the Prednisone and perhaps there is a residual amount in my system, but I'm starting to worry my insmonia is back. Oh well, I make it through my prayer lists that way. My friend suggested I try a new brand of ice cream, can't recall the name; it's made differently so its lower in fat, but still retains a creamy texture like fully leaded ice cream; its made here in Iowa. I will have to give it a try; I will recall the ice cream if I saw it.
Wow. gotta go.

Have a blessed weekend and keep blogging!

Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home