Gamergeekwife

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Party? Me? Yes, that's correct I actually went to a party. My mom watched my kids while I attended Gretchen's "girl's night". I had a good time; for some it meant some of G's famous "beverages" as she calls them, but since myself and a few of her other friends don't drink alcohol she made some DELICIOUS cheesecakes (one chocolate chip with chocolate topping, and a chocolate truffle); I mean they were really really delectable cheesecakes. I think next year (if I can go and if I'm invited) I will have a better time b/c I'll more know whats going on. I did know several of her friends from high school and one other long time friend,but not the others whom I ended up sitting with in an adjoining room most of the night. Her one friend from church, Tammy, was an absolute RIOT and I enjoyed seeing G's friends from high school. I changed schools when we moved but b/c G was closer to graduating she continued going to East through open enrollment. I have lost touch with all of my neighborhood friends and only have limited contact with 3 of my high school friends so it was really neat for me to see G with her friends from over 25 years ago. And to mimic a Sara quote that is a Trunnel quote "life is interesting" or "life is weird" one of our good Greenbrier friends is now engaged to G's best friend from high school so we are back in touch with the Millers. I'm a litte jealous I must say; there is something potent about those long lasting friendships. I hardly ever get to see my sister without all of our children and family around so that was really sweet; I miss her a lot.
G even took me to Barn Happy in C. Falls so I could eat the raspberry coffee cake and check it off my "100 things to eat list" from the Register (Sara the place smells weird, but GREAT coffe cake-go if you can.) The owners/operators of Barn Happy actually attend church with my sister, but her church's attendance is over 1000 so she had actually never met the lady, but Tammy (who went with us) loved her; did I say that? So.. quess what? Barn Happy also sells the carmels that the nuns make (also on the Register list) so I bought a bag for my mom (who loves carmels) and ate one to check 2 things off my list.
Frank has a geek thing tonight so I'd better go.
Later ya'll.
Jennifer

1 Comments:

  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ok, nice party, but I'm just not going to keep scrolling back to the last subject!!

    I have emailed Laura and she's going to give me some addys. I guess we just hope someone still has someone else.... ya know??

    But anyway, we're on it!! I'll be emailing you for more addys as we go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home